1. This forum is read-only and considered to be an Archive. Please utilize the SmarterTools Community for future interaction and posts.

[v 7] Some domains don't have domain alias option

Discussion in 'SmarterMail' started by kmiraymond, Sep 9, 2010.

1. kmiraymond

kmiraymond New Member

I'm managing sever domains on a Smarter Mail 7 server. When I log in as the system administrator, then click manage on a domain, some domains show the option to add domain aliases, while others do not.

Many of the domains have been migraited from a version 6 server by following the kb article on migratio-

[*]stop the server

[*]place the folder in the domains folder
    [*]add it to the domainlist.xml
    [*]start the server
    [*]change the ip for the domain

It seems that some of the migraited domains dont have the option for an alias, while others do. However all domains created originally on this server have the domain alias option.
  2. kmiraymond

kmiraymond New Member

I renamed the domain to what the alias would have been and when I went to manage it, I was then able to add an alias, so I made an alias for the original domain name. Good enough fix, but a bug nonetheless.
  3. ramiss

ramiss Senior Member

You can enable/disable Domain Aliases for each domain. Whatever script is adding domains is probably not adding this setting, or if you are adding manually make sure it is checked under the Domain Default Settings.