Bug/Issue Helm 3 Unable to create stats sites with Smartertrack 7

Discussion in 'SmarterStats' started by server-admins.net, Feb 13, 2012.

  1. Helm 3 Unable to create stats sites with Smarterstats 7

    We upgraded our version of smarterstats pro from 6 to version 7 and are now unable to setup domains from within helm.
    The error is api related, here with a copy of the logs

    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

    Helm error log

    2012-02-13 12:37:02 Stats.AddStats 000000000013: Type mismatch{0}
    2012-02-13 12:37:02 Stats.IStat_Execute 000000000013: Type mismatch{0}

    Helm Debug log

    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats Launching Add Stats Code.
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats Getting String Data
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats DomainName: somedomain.com
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats LogFilePath: C:\Domains\somedomain.com\logs\W3SVC4363
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats ExportPathURL: http://statsurl.com
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats ExportPath: C:\SmarterLogs\
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats ExportPathURL: http://statsurl.com
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats ExportPath: C:\SmarterLogs\
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats Connecting to Soap Service
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats --- http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/services/siteadmin.asmx?WSDL
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats Soap Connection OK
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats Next the next Site ID from SmartStates
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats New SmarterStatsSiteId: 259
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats Get Server ID: -1
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats Expects the file path to be UNC
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats LogFilePath: \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\C$\Domains\somedomain.com\logs\W3SVC4363
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats ServerID is now: 1
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats ExportPathURL: http://statsurl.com
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats ExportPath: C:\SmarterLogs\
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats Call the web method for AddSite
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats Sending to AddSite Method: admin,xxxx,siteadmin,xxxx,siteadmin,siteadmin,1,259,somedomain.com,\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\C$\Domains\somedomain.com\logs\W3SVC4363,W3Cex,*.log,0,C:\SmarterStats,0,C:\SmarterLogs\,http://statsurl.com,27
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.AddStats A SYSTEM Error Occured: 000000000013: Type mismatch{0}
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 Stats.IStat_Execute A SYSTEM Error Occured: 000000000013: Type mismatch{0}
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 CStatsInstal.InstalEx A SYSTEM Error Occured: 000000000013: Type mismatch{0}
    2012-02-13 13:07:21 HELM:CStatsInstal::InstalStats A USER Error Occured: 0-2147220477: Unable to install statistics. Please try again or contact support.{0}
  2. Well after two weeks of pointless emails back and forth to smartertools support (they should consider changing that departments name) I've been told that Helm has an issue calling the API version on Smarterstats 7. From my understanding into the matter, Helm shouldnt care or know what version of stats is installed as the API is supposed to be backwards compatible.

    Smartstats 4 worked, 5 worked, 6 worked and now 7 is well.... broken.

    Smartertools response "You can manually create stats sites for all of your clients"
  3. infuseweb

    infuseweb Member

    I agree. Helm 3 had no problem with past versions, and suddenly this version it doesn't work, yet the API supposedly stayed the same. From what I can tell, it didn't. Or there are additional calls that Helm 3 needs to make to the API to properly complete a domain's configuration in SmarterStats, and when left out, hoses up both the domain in SmarterStats and throws and error in Helm.

    Sadly, it's not really SmarterTools' fault. Helm 3 is ancient. It's not being supported, so no one can develop to the new API. And SmarterTools can't keep things the same forever, I guess.

    But, that leave me in a position where I have a product I can't use in my environment any longer, meaning I'm not going to waste what little money I can drum up to renew support for SmarterStats in the future. Shame, really.
  4. pod

    pod Member

    We found that the issue is withthe GetServers() api as helm cant seem to find the serverID from the list returned by the new api. We have created a complete work around for this issue that doesnt require any helm code changes. We are trying to determine if we will charge a small fee to cover our coding costs....
  5. pod

    pod Member

    I have been working with smarterTools on a fix for this and the latest custom build does fix this issue for helm. Basically the fields in the return soap xml are out of order. I also fixed this issue with our own web servers remapper too.