1. This forum is read-only and considered to be an Archive. Please utilize the SmarterTools Community for future interaction and posts.

Bug/Issue Exchange Activesync cannot connect on LG G2

Discussion in 'SmarterMail' started by bkiser, Nov 1, 2013.

1. bkiser

bkiser New Member

We just installed SmarterMail 11.6 this week and have been setting up all our phones and Outlook with ActiveSync and everything has been working until we just got a new LG G2 for one of our employees today. When I try to setup the Exchange Server settings it gets to the "Activate phone administrator?" screen then after I press Activate it pops up the error message "Cannot connect to server. Try again after checking network connect and entered information." I can setup the same account on an iPad Mini with no problems and I can setup an IMAP account on this phone with no problem. Here are the settings I've used:

Email address: name@domain.com

Server address: mail.domain.com

Domain: domain.com

Username: name@domain.com

Password: password

Use secure connection (SSL): checked

Anyone have experience with this phone or any newer Android phones with the same problem? I've googled this issue and seen a few other people with the same exact problem.

Thank you,

Ben Kiser
    http://www.matsonalarm.com
  2. Wheemer

Wheemer Senior Member

It seems that it is becoming a common occurrence that Providers will modify apps slightly before releasing. With this in mind it is almost impossible for Smartermail to keep up with all the patching required because some new app doesn't work.

You can just install a different email app and it will probably work right away.