1. This forum is read-only and considered to be an Archive. Please utilize the SmarterTools Community for future interaction and posts.

Aliases

Discussion in 'SmarterMail' started by ntbuddy, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ntbuddy

ntbuddy Member

We utilize a lot of aliases and have many domains and migrating from Exchange to SmarterMail for all of our domains. We're setting everything up under a master domain so we can have one universal address book.

1. Is it possible to have aliases of info@_domainName.com_ for each and go to different users?
    2. Is there a way to put a description for aliases so we can have a description of aliases?
    3. Is there a way of grouping aliases by a specific domain?
    4. Is there a report we can pull up that will show us the email accounts that exist in a list?
    5. Is there a report that will pull up a report that shows the email accounts that no longer exist (e.g. the user user@domain.com once existed but has now been deleted)?

Thanks, John
  2. globalweb9

globalweb9 Member

ntbuddy,

To answer your questions....
    1. each virtual domain on SmarterMail can have its own set of aliases. So info@domain1.com and info@domain2.com can both exist. Each alias is configured from within each virtual host thru the SMail admin
    2. not that I see
    3. I do not understand what you are asking
    4. not that I am aware of
    5. not that I am aware of