Add folders to Folder Auto-Clean?

Discussion in 'SmarterMail' started by csimo, Apr 9, 2012.

1. csimo

csimo Product Expert

On SM9 you have the option to Folder Auto-Clean the Deleted Items, Junk E-Mail, Sent Items, and Inbox folders. IMAP clients don't use the same names, etc. and as a result Folder Auto-Clean doesn't work very well.

For example I have a user that has 19GB of messages in a Trash folder. There's no way for me to set the Trash folder to Auto-Clean. Other clients like Outlook use Sent folder instead of Sent Items. There's no way to Auto-Clean those folders.

I probably have a couple hundred GB of unwanted, stale data and have no way to clean it up (other than calling a thousand users, etc.).

Does anyone know of a way to add folders to the Auto-Clean list?

Thanks,
    -Joe
  2. Wheemer

Wheemer Senior Member

When the client program is setup the proper folders should be manually selected.
  3. csimo

csimo Product Expert

That's funny... I guess I should tell a few thousand people that Microsoft, Apple, Mozilla, etc. are all wrong and SmarterMail uses the right names. lol
  4. Wheemer

Wheemer Senior Member

This step is necessary not just for smartermail. There are many Imap email providers that do not adhere to Microsofts naming convention for these folders.

Adjusting these client settings is the only solution.

I do think that Smartermail should automatically know which folder is which, but it doesn't. You should request it.